Thursday, September 16, 2010

Well to be honest, I don't really know what to say or where to start...

It seems that now more than ever would be a good time for reviewing this past season because it has come to an end. I could review all my races and define the pros and cons of each one and which one I was most happy with or which one I was least happy with. I could review all the injures (some big, some small) that I have had to deal with. I WILL review most of the reasons of how I got these injures and what I am going to do to prevent them in the future. I could review my training. I could talk about the different stresses and changes I made in my life this year. But instead all I think I should say is that unfortunately I just don't think it was MY year. I don't regret anything (including racing at worlds and having to pull out)- I have learned so much about my body and things you need to do on top of training and recovering to become a high performance athlete. I did get healthy and fit and worked really hard to do so. Its good I had one of "these years" now because everyone is bound to have one sooner or later and I think sooner is better in this case.

There really are no words to describe how amazing the support staff and coaches were in Hungary- I would not have been able to get through as much of the race as I did without them. And the care and support I felt after the race was truly unbelievable for the whole team.

On to bigger and better things:
I'm
-getting all caught up at UVic and survived my first two days
-giving my body a nice rest
-enjoying the canadian lifestyle (Hungary is pretty different)
-catching up with friends
-being HAPPY

No comments:

Post a Comment