Friday, August 20, 2010

Lausanne

Probably the most beautiful city I have seen in my life so far...

We arrived yesterday afternoon and after the race meeting I went on a run. I finished down along the water where the race start is and at the very end point of the path you look out to a huge lake with a grass covered hill with cute Swiss houses on one side and great big, snow-covered mountains on the other- it literally took my breath away!

Anyways today (friday) got in some nice pre-race training with my new training partners?!

-Went over the bike course while riding behind Kate Roberts and Brad Kahlefeldt
-"Swam" the course basically beside Emma Moffat
-Did strides in the park at the same time as Baby Brownlee (I was there first FYI)
haha I am actually not kidding about that! But seriously this experience going to a be a great one. The situation is going to give me a perspective of what the elite level race is really like but I also get to do the distance that I train and know...what could be better?

The swim course is pretty basic with one big loop (750m but it feels longer) and just two bouys. Yesterday at the race meeting they said it was no wetsuit but I wore mine today and it still seems cold so it will be up in the air until tomorrow morning. The bike course is four loops of 5 km with about an 800m climb at about 11% (thats something that is going to be new for me- an actual hill!). And the run course is 2 loops of 2.5 km.

It seems like I haven't raced in forever and I am just ready to get out on my 53rd starting spot and just "giv'er"

I know back in Canada it will be early early in the morning (3:15am) when I start and 1:15am when the boys start but you can watch live or replay on triathlon.org...I will try and get some camera time;). However none of the Canadian Juniors should be getting up that early because its race day for them too= Nationals in Kelwona. Good luck everyone, I will be cheering from Lausanne.

ali

No comments:

Post a Comment